Two recent Care for the Soul retreats have been held at Mittagong and an abridged version in Newman College Perth. Fifteen participants joined us for our Mittagong retreat while 30 Marists joined us for the Twilight retreat in Perth. The feedback offered by our participants emphasises the great value in stepping back from the busy nature of ministry and daily life.
It is reassuring to see that the acceptance of such retreats is proving to be so valuable to so many Marists. I include a few of their comments for your interest.
From the Newman College Retreat:
- I have neglected my inner garden for too long. By giving time to silence I make room for my soul to grow.
- The message received by me is most timely - cast into the deep with trust.
- The insight into the value of silence and how to tap into this constantly ignored companion has greatly assisted me.
From the Mittagong Retreat:
- A really worthwhile experience to enjoy the stillness and further the spiritual nourishment and journey of the soul.
- The retreat was perfectly timed and relevant to anyone. The sessions gave us just the right amount of thought provoking content without overloading us. A perfect location for Spiritual Retreats.
- An amazing retreat that has come at the right time for me in my life’s journey.
Our two Retreat Villas are now available with our first guest having moved in for a private retreat last Thursday. These comfortable facilities can be self-catered or catered. They are specifically reserved for people wishing to do a private retreat.
All retreat details can be found on our web site www.thehermitage.org.au
Br Bill Sullivan